Welcome to The Syracuse Rocket Club
The Syracuse Rocket Club promotes and encourages safe hobby rocketry in the Central New York area
Next Club Meeting: Monday July 6, 2020 at 7:00 PM via Zoom. Please send an email to SyracuseRocketClub@Outlook.com If you would like to attend. We'll discuss how the June launch went and options for improvements on our new launch protocols.
New to model rocketry? Bring your rocketry projects or questions to our meeting - we'll provide answers, tips and ideas to help you get ready to launch.
Next Sport Launch: The June 27 launch is CANCELED due to wind, rain and thunderstorms. The next launch will be Saturday, July 18, 2020 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM at Weigand's Field. The July contests are: 1/2A Streamer Duration, 1/2A Helicopter Duration and 1/2A Parachute Duration.
At this launch we will be taking special precautions in light of the coronavirus. They will include the following:
1. We ask that everyone stay spread out on the field. This should be easy as we have plenty of space. Family groups should stay together and set up their blankets, chairs, canopies, etc. at least 10 feet from any other group.
2. Bring a mask and wear it at times when you cannot maintain at least 10 feet of separation from other attendees.
3. The clipboards with flight cards will be located at a table separated from the launch control table. Flyers should go to the flight card table one at a time. Take cards back to your prep area to fill them out. When you are ready to launch bring your card back to the flight card table and put it on the launch clipboard. To receive your pad assignment, communicate with the launch control officer from the flight card table, maintaining 10-foot separation.
4. We will provide hand sanitizer at the flight card table for your use.
5. Flyers will go to the launch pad banks one person (or family group) at a time.
With these precautions in place, we’ll keep the launch safe and only minimally affect the efficiency of the launch. Hope to see you next Saturday.
Contest Flying in 2020: NARAM 62 has been postponed until the last week of July 2021. The Syracuse Rocket Club will be assisting the Monroe Astronautical Rocket Society in hosting NARAM 62. This is the National Association of Rocketry's annual contest meet, which includes the finals of the National Rocketry Competition and a sport launch. Syracuse Rocket Club will begin holding NAR-sanctioned contest launches during our 2020 launches.
The Syracuse Rocket Club welcomes families and anyone interested in the hobby to attend our launches. We have rockets available for children to fly and take home. We will teach new flyers how to prep and fly their rockets. Join us at our next monthly club meeting or launch.
Check this web site the evening before the launch to confirm launch status.
Save time at the launch by filling out your flight cards at home. Click here to download the SRC flight card.
Join us at our next launch. Find out how much fun hobby rocketry can be for the whole family.
Newsletter: Check out the November 2019 issue of our club newsletter What's Up
Questions about SRC? E-mail us at SyracuseRocketClub@outlook.com.
Want to join SRC? Click here for membership application!